Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lesson Plan Presentation

Tuesday, April 10 was the date I was scheduled to do my lesson in the classroom. It was right after Easter Break and I was really nervous about it. My first Lesson was on Alkapeonuria, but unfortunately, I had to change it to diabetes.
A few students were absent which made the activity I planned out a little difficult to understand. I was worried about the behavioral problems that normally arise in class but I feel like there weren't as many and the ones that did arise, were tackled pretty well. The lesson went great and it was a great learning experience for me and other students.
The feed back I received was great. A lot of people loved the video and the "Anticipatory set". But what really made me happy about the lesson was when many said they learned something more about the diabetes today. The peer reviews were the best. They honestly told me what I can improve and how they would have done the lesson differently. It was really helpful and if I ever have to do this lesson again, there are so many things I can work on to make the lesson even more effective.
This was a great experience and I have learned so much through the process.

2 comments:

  1. I thought your presentation went very well, i learned about diebetes that i previously did not. The video was very good and displayed easy to follow visuals. Your lessons are great have confidence in them and you will go far! good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget that Mary Tyler Moore has the disease.

    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete